- Publish Date
- Wednesday, 24 August 2016, 11:22AM
Jennifer Lawrence has been named the highest-paid actress for the second year running.
The 26-year-old actress has managed to retain her title on financial bible Forbes' annual list after cashing in a whopping US$46 million (NZ$63m) in pre-tax earnings in the financial period June 2015-June 2016.
However, the Silver Linings Playbook star has seen an 11.5 per cent fall in earnings compared to last year's US$52 million, but she's still managed to stay top of the payroll leaderboard.
The blonde beauty - whose earnings this year come largely from both the last instalment of the Hunger Games series and a mammoth upfront payment for forthcoming movie 'Passengers' - earned US$13 million more than Melissa McCarthy, who ranked second place of Forbes' annual list with pretax earnings of US$33 million.
The 45-year-old actress' income is nothing to be sniffed at though, as she's managed to pull up her pay packet by US$10 million since last year, a feat which is thanks to a reported eight-figure sum from Ghostbusters.
Forbes magazine's 2016 list of highest-earning actresses
1. Jennifer Lawrence, US$46 million
2. Melissa McCarthy, US$33 million
3. Scarlett Johansson, US$25 million
4. Jennifer Aniston, US$21 million
5. Fan Bingbing, US$17 million
6. Charlize Theron, US$16.5 million
7. Amy Adams, US$13.5 million
8. Julia Roberts, US$12 million
9. Mila Kunis, US$11 million
10. Deepika Padukone, US$10 million
Read The Full Story: NZ HERALD