- Publish Date
- Friday, 2 September 2016, 11:51AM
A Kiwi family got a shock when they claim they found a dead creature in a can of Wattie's baked beans.
In a short video posted by Korrin Laker, her husband Glenn described how he was about to feed a can of baked beans to his daughter before making the gruesome discovery.
A Wattie's spokesman said the discovery was mould.
"Occasionally cans can be damaged somewhere in the supply chain as appears to have happened here where you can see a tiny dent on the rim.
"When this happens, a small amount of air can enter allowing mould to grow.
"This happens very occasionally out of the millions of cans of baked beans we produce each year.
"We are always unhappy if something like this occurs, as our dedicated consumers are our top priority. We have asked the consumer to contact us so that we can provide them with some delicious replacement products," he said.
The company took the matter seriously and it was currently being investigated.